Use this website to quickly find the most important information about the main airport in Santo Domingo, called Las Américas International Airport Dr. José Francisco Peña Gómez: Departures, Arrivals, Parking, Car Rentals, Hotels near the airport and other information about Santo Domingo airport. Plan your travel to SDQ Airport with the information provided in this site.
Santo Domingo Airport, known officially as Las Américas International Airport (IATA: SDQ, ICAO: MDSD) is located near Punta Caucedo and Boca Chica, 20 miles (32 km) east of Santo Domingo City, in Republican Dominic.
The airport serves as a hub for PAWA Dominicana airline and is planned that is going to grow by 2017 with more than 15 destinations. SAP AIR is also based in SDQ airport.
Santo Domingo airport has two terminals: A and B also named as North terminal and South terminal.
- Terminal A (South): Is the oldest one and it offers all the structures and services as another airport can offer to passengers.
- Terminal B (North): Is the newest one and it was opened in 2007. Is the most modern terminal in all the country and one of the best ones in the Caribbean area. It can accommodate simultaneously six Boing 747 or two A380. The aim is to convert this terminal in one of the most concurrent and important in terms of traffic passengers in all Latin America.
The top destinations from Santo Domingo Airport are, in the following order:
- New York
- Others: Panama City, San Juan, Fort Lauderdale, Newark, Atlanta, Boston and Orlando.
- 2 Terminals: A-Nouth and B-North
- 1 runway
- In 2015 handled more than 3,5 travelers
- Is the second busiest airport in the Dominican Republic
- It’s located 20 minutes from the city center .
- Car Rental: Rental car counters are located near Terminal B,in the Exit Doors after Customs. It is a good option to discover Dominican Republic. For more information, please, click here on-line for availability and best prices.
- Airport shuttle: There are many private companies which offers service to go and back from the airport. Santo Domingo airport is well signposted to find shuttles.
- Taxi: to travel by taxi is a bit more expensive than traveling with other options. Prices can be negotiate with drivers but the rate is around 40 dollars.
- Guagua (bus): on the upper level there’s a bus service which goes and comes back from the airport to Parque Enriquillo (in the city center) or Boca Chica. It’s located where the cars come in to the airport.
- Shared Van Ride: There are many companies which go and come back to the SDQ airport and travelers share the same ride.
Address: Ruta 66, Boca Chica 15701, República Dominicana
Telephone: +1 809-947-2220